SignCrafters of Central Florida used a Vac-Tron LP533SDT to safely excavate a 3 foot diameter hole by 8 feet deep for a concrete footer. They were installing a sign for a new medical center in Leesburg, FL. The excavation took 40 minutes including setup and breakdown.
When digging a 3 to 4′ foot wide by 8′ foot deep hole for a sign post, using a vacuum excavator provides a safe and more efficient alternative to traditional digging. Vacuum excavation provides efficiency by storing all sand and debris into a storage tank for easy dumping and filling.
“A utility friendly way to dig.” Says Dennis Martin, President of Sign Crafters of Central Florida. “When digging for posts using a VAC-TRON, you don’t have to worry about breaking utilities and slowing down your project.”
Save time, increase productivity, and eliminate the chance of damaging underground utilities. Your crew running a vacuum excavator by VAC-TRON will increase job completions in a given day. Municipalities are using vacuum excavation for utility locates as well as working around roots for meter readings. The same logic applies when digging holes for commercial signs.
A recommended unit is the all new Competitive Vac (CV) unit. Hand built in the USA from the ground up including the durable trailer assembly. The low profile trailer keeps the components of the unit easily accessible while making the unit safe to tow.
- Configuration Available Skid, Trailer, or Truck Mounted
- Engine 27 hp Kohler EFI gas engine
- Vacuum Pump 580 cfm vacuum pump
- Vacuum Hose 3” UV protected hose is standard, 4” option is available
- Debris Tank 500, 800, or 1200-gallon debris tank
- Rear Door Hydraulically operated full open and locked rear door with auto-engage safety latch
- Water Tank Capacity Two (2) 100-gallon water tanks with optional 300 and 400 gallons
- Water Pump 3,500 psi @ 4 gpm water pump pressure
- Reverse Pressureto off-load liquids and dislodge debris in hose is optional
- WeightCV 570 GT empty weight with trailer 5,360 lbs. CV 870 GT empty weight with trailer 6,140 lbs. CV 1270 GT empty weight with trailer
Schedule a time below to have your team demo a unit and test the latest technologies for safer and more efficient digging.